Earth Science study
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- An object that can be seen in the sky that is not associated with the Earth's atmosphere
- Stars, moon, sun, planets, and comets are celestial objects
- Clouds, rainbows, halos, or other things that happen within Earth's atmosphere are not celestial
Movement of Celestial Ojects
- Movement from East to West
- Objects move at a same rate
- 15 degrees per hour
- Apparent Daily Motion= objects go along a arc shaped path- making a circle at the end
Paths and Polaris
Northern Hemisphere- circles are formed by completing arcs along which celestial objects move are centered near Polaris
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview