DSE212 Key Terms 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Theory of mind
- Mentally in another’s place
- Explain & predict actions through prior knowledge & past exp
- Concept = fundamental aspect of what makes us human
- Maxi test - Chandler et al (2 yr olds)
- Autism no, learning dis yes
- Interest of evolutionary psychologists in evolved adaptation possibility
- Key term - Darwin's theory of evolution
- Process for genes coding adaptive characteristics passing on
- ‘Survival of the fittest’
- e.g. speed, camouflage
- Evolved characteristics – better environment survival
- Explore adaptation re: characteristics.
- Special form of natural selection
- Reproductive success
- Physical/psychological characteristics affect mate attraction
- Males - more mates, more offspring, short relations
- Females - better quality mates, less offspring, long-term care giving
- ImportanceSexual selection determines reproductive success Success = > probability of passing on advantageous traits
- Gender behaviour differences
- Mutually beneficial behaviour with expected reciprocation at some time
- Aka direct reciprocity
- Contrasts with kin selection and indirect reciprocity
- Risk of no reciprocation
- Evolutionary biology interest re exploring behaviour evolved in order to survive
- Attributes beliefs to others - Theory of Mind.
- Evidence suggesting ape altruism
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview