The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- helpful and likely to make you successful
- He was now in a more advantageous position.
- advantageous to
- terms advantageous to foreign companies
- willing to consider new ideas or listen to someone else's opinions:
- You might find them in a more receptive mood tomorrow.
- a receptive audience
- receptive to
- a workforce that is receptive to new ideas
- polite and showing respect for other people
- The staff are always courteous and helpful.
- [not before noun] formal
- something that is advisable should be done in order to avoid problems or risks
- Regular medical check-ups are advisable.
- It is advisable to write a career objective at the start of your resume.
co‧op‧e‧ra‧tive also co-operative (adj)
- 1 willing to cooperate [= helpful; ≠ uncooperative]:
- He was doing his best to be cooperative.a cooperative witness
- 2 made, done, or operated by people working together:
- a co-operative venture between the City Council and the police
- 3 a cooperative store, bank etc is operated by people working together as a cooperative:
- a co-operative store in a provincial town
- 1.needing help and support, especially financial support
- deserving causes/cases
- The National Lottery provides extra money for deserving causes.
- 2 be deserving of something formal to deserve something:
- Some criminals are more deserving of their punishment than others.
- providing many useful facts or ideas:
- an informative and entertaining book
- 1 large in amount or number [= considerable]:
- We have the support of a substantial number of parents.
- a substantial salarya substantial breakfast
- The document requires substantial changes.2 [only before noun] large and strongly made:
- a substantial piece of furniture