Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Forming>Storming>Norming>Performing>Adjourning. Effective Groups v Ineffective groups, span of control.
- Teambuilding- effective teamwork.
- Decision Making –
- Types of decisions – Strategic, Operational, Administrative.
- Decision Tools – Operational research, Network Analysis, Risk Analysis, Decision Trees.
by party best able to control.
- Stay within budget,
- completion date,
- quality & function,
- procurement risks,
- commercial risk,
- safety risk (design or site).
- Safety ,
- completion failure,
STAGES FOR RISK MANAGEMENT
- Documentation (BoQ, Contract terms,
- subbie selection,
- pre con H & S plan
- SWMP ,
- Construction TCQ Env.
- Identify hazard,
- What is impact of failure?,
- Evaluate risk – Consequences x Probability,
- Control measures ERICT,
- Residual risk.
- RISK REGISTER
- long messages,
- poor memory
- information overload
- poor leadership (unclear objectives/ instructions) personality (selective listening, hidden agendas, personality clash, assumptions & prejudice)
- poor filing,
- geographical separation,
- poor document distribution,
- communication media,
- comms network,
- non verbal graphic
- Levels of communication – intrapersonal, interpersonal, group, multi group, mass communication.
Sharing info on projects
- Security & confidentiality(monitoring, training) (Firewalls, contractual terms, passwords).
- Data protection (Legislation – all personal data must be obtained & used lawfully- consent & only for specific purpose)
- Intellectual property (IPR) (Copyright, restrictions – cultural or practical, licence terms),
- content monitoring (Breach of IPR, defamation, offensive/obscene material, contractual obligations), Admissibility & Audit Trails (Clear audit trail showing source, creation time & updating of documents).
ICT in construction
- clouds /buzz saw,
- cost – software/hardware/training,
- 4D & 5D,
- Video conferencing,
- barcoding (plant/materials),
- BIM – shared & structured project data, FM, model from designer to MC to client to purchaser,
- clash detection, fewer errors
- available when & where required,
- capital allowances,
- control of assets,
- locks up capital,
- maintain & repair,
- train operators,
- equip needed to move,
- loss of flexibility.
- 2. HIRE
- doesn’t lock up capital,
- hireco responsible for maintain/repair,
- only hire when needed,
- hireco may provide operator
- rates can vary between tender & use,
- less choice in busy times,
- less well minded by hires,
- may not be available when needed,
- rates depend on market forces.
- use company plant for regular use,
- hire in when required.
- Ownership (capital cost, depreciation, insurance)
- Operating ( servicing, maintenance, transport, fuel, wages & training
- Straight line method ( 42000 resid value 2000 10 years = 4000 PA)
- Declining balance method ( % drop per year)
- site conditions,
- traffic routes,
- turning circles,
- speed limits,
- public protection,
- delivery offloading,
- fuel storage,
- adjacent buildings,
- contract conditions,
- lifting over people,
- legislation (PUWER, HSAWA, LOLER, MHSWR).
- relative costs,
- personal values / belief system,
- integrity – doing the right thing,
- socially responsible,
- fidelity- dealing with people in good faith,
- probity- honesty & decency,
- unbiased advice,
- competent – CPD-don’t work beyond limit,
- rep of CIOB,
- appropriate insurance,
- don’t damage others rep,
- no discriminiation,
- safety- you the public the workforce.
- Impact of construction on the public interest (Safety, Env, disruption)
- Considerate constructors scheme.
- Apprpriate insurances,
- Legislation (Competition Act, Bribery Act)
problems for the construction industry
- Market rigging,
- cover pricing,
- capitalising on others mistakes,
- offensive behaviour,
- biased advice,
- waste management practices (emmisions, nuisance),
- H & S – not ignoring an obvious risk.