Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mother to Son
- Langston Hughes- black poet ( harlem Refromation)
- Tell of a mother encouraging her son to stay strong and never giv up on life althought it i very difficult
- Extended metaphor - her life to a dishveled staircase
I'm Nobody Who are you
- Emily Dickenson- reclusive life
- Tells her veiws on soiety, and how she feels it is better to be a nobody than a sobody in the public eye, longing for attention
The seven Ages of man
- William Shakespear
- Tell a mans life in seven stages and the dificulties through theeses stages ( from birth till death)
Do not go gentle into that good night
- Dylan Thomas
- Abou a son telling his father to stay strong and fight death although its unavoidable
My Papa's Waltz
- Theodore Roethke
- A son talkin about his memories of waltzing with his father at a young age.
I, Too Sing America
- Langson Hughes
- A black man tellin of how he is treated poorley but stayes with a positive attitude and speakes of a futur where his true qualities will be reveled and he will stay amongst all americans.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview