The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the acceleration force in a turn known as
What are the requirements for a min radius turn
- minimum wing loading
- max density (sea level)
- max product of CL , Sin(AOB)
What are the requirements for a max rate turn
- max density
- Minimum wing loading
- Max product of CL, V and Sin(AOB)
How does thrust aid in a max rate turn
- Vertical component of thrust acts in same direction as lift (this is more apparent as the critical angle of attack is reached)
- Either less lift is required of the turn rate/radius is improved
What is the effect of flap in a max rate turn
Produces more lift but for a dispraportionate increase in drag.
The Theoretical minumum radius of turn of turn occurs when EAS is infinity, what two factors stop this from this from being the case
- Reynold number
- Speed sound
- Both decrease CL and decrease Centripetel force.