The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. Mass is
2. How is mass measured
1.Mass is the amount of Matter in an object.
2. measured in grams
1. Weight is ?
2. Weight is measured in ?
1. Amount of gravity pulling down.
2. measured in pounds using scale.
1. What is physical change?
1. changes the appearance but does not create a new substance.
2 Mixing Kool-Aid
1. Freezing point of water in Celsius.
2. Boiling point of water in Celsius.
Name 5 physical changes
Melting, Evaporating, Condensing, Freezing, Subliming
1. Electrical Energy
2. Two types of electrical energy
1. Created when electrons move.
2. Static electricity and curtent electricity
wires are connected to both - and +
metal and water
rubber, plastic, cloth, and wood
energy caused by vibrations
1. light energy
2. what can light do?
1. energy created in electomagnetic straight waves.
2. Refract, reflect or transmit
1. Refraction- light bends, it causes rainbows, makes thing appear larger of smaller (eye glasses)
2. reflection- light bounces off a surface, Like a mirror
3. transmit- light goes through. like a window
energy created by the sun.
solar energy drives all syscles including water, nitrogen, carbon-oxygen, food chain
breaking down substance
Moving sediment to new location
dropping off sediment in a new location
takes longer than an average persons lifetime
ex. petroleum, natural gas, oil, soil, minerals, rocks
replace in an average persons lifetime
ex. plants, animals, soil, freshwater
can be use over and over
ex. saltwater, air, and sun
mountains and volcanoew are created when
plates move upward in earths crust.
volcanoes can also be created by hot spots
glaciers often create what
valleys near oceans
sun is a
star that creates heat and light by fusion
earth revolves around the sun in
365.25 day or one year
earth rotates on
axis in 24 hours or one day
the seasons of earth are caused by
earth tilt as it revolves around the sun
rotates and revolves in alomst a month, since it does this at the same time we only see one side of the moon