EAWS Phase 1 Block 9
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the THREATCON scale used for?
To determine the condition for defense of the United States homeland and assets abroad.
What is the DEFCON scale used for?
To determine the posture of the military to prepare for the likelihood of war.
What are Force protection conditions (FPCONs)?
A series of measures designed to increase the level of a unit’s defense against terrorist attacks.
FPCONs are not aimed at specific threats, but are selected based on a combination of the following factors:
- - The terrorist threat level.
- - The capability to penetrate existing physical security systems.
- - The risk of terrorist attack to which personnel and assets are exposed.
- - The asset’s ability to execute its mission even if attacked.
- - The protected asset’s criticality to their missions.
Who can set a FPCON level?
Commanders at any level can set the FPCON level; subordinate commanders can set a higher FPCON if the local situation warrants.
How many FPCON levels are there?
What is FPCON normal?
applies when a general global threat of possible terrorist activity exists and warrants a routine security posture.
What is FPCON alpha?
applies when there is an increased general threat of possible terrorist activity against personnel or facilities, the nature and extent of which are unpredictable. Alpha measures must be capable of being maintained indefinitely.
What is FPCON bravo?
applies when an increased or more predictable threat of terrorist activity exists. Sustaining Bravo measures for a prolonged period may affect operational capability and relations with local authorities.
What is FPCON charlie?
applies when an incident occurs or intelligence is received indicating some form of terrorist action or targeting against personnel or facilities is likely. Prolonged implementation of Charlie measures may create hardship and affect the activities of the unit and its personnel.
What is FPCON delta?
applies in the immediate area where a terrorist attack has occurred or when intelligence is received that terrorist action against a specific location or person is imminent. Normally, this FPCON is declared as a localized condition, also FPCON Delta measures are not intended to be sustained for substantial periods.
What is a defense readiness condition (DEFCON)?
DEFCONs are a subsystem of a series of Alert Conditions (LERTCONS) along with EMERGCONs, WATCHCONs, and FPCONs.
What do the 5 levels of DEFCONs mean from least severe to most severe?
- - DEFCON 5: Normal peacetime readiness.
- - DEFCON 4: Normal, increased intelligence and strengthened securitymeasures.
- - DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness above normal readiness.
- - DEFCON 2: Further Increase in force readiness, but less than maximum.
- - DEFCON 1: Maximum force readiness.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview