The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the purpose of NALCOMIS?
It provides the capability to manage maintenance and supply functions and processes by allowing system users to enter, collect, process, store, review and report information required by the organization. The use of this system significantly reduces the administrative burden and produces up-to-date status information necessary for the control of maintenance.
At the Organizational level, OOMA resides on a computer server referred to as the foundation tier. This tier consists of modules such as:
- - Maintenance subsystem
- - Material subsystem
- - Flight subsystem
- - Platform software interface
- - CM/Logs and records subsystem
What is OOMA?
A management tool that provides essential, real time information on a continuing basis through the online Visual Electronic Displays (VEDs) and MAINT-1 through -6 reports as well as Adhoc data extraction. The system tracks the following and enables maintenance managers to assigns a relative importance to each item. The ability to review the following allows the maintenance managers to carry out their duties more effectively and efficiently.
What are the 6 types of reports used by OOMA?
- - NMCS/PMCS status
- - Flyable discrepancies
- - Non-aircraft related discrepancies
- - ALSS status
- - SE status
- - Mission Mounted Equipment (MME) status
What are some of the responsibilities of maintenance control?
- - Monitor current aircraft/equipment status
- - Maintain cognizance of incomplete maintenance actions and sets workcenter priorities.
- - Take actions necessary for reporting configuration, material readiness, and flight data.
- - Brief pilots/aircrew prior to an FCF through the use of the appropriate QA and workcenter personnel.
- - Ensure upon completion of a flight that the aircrew initiates a Work Order (WO) for each discrepancy. For discrepancies discovered by personnel other than the pilot/aircrew the person who discovers the discrepancy initiates the WO.- Review, update and approve all WOs, once approved the WO is automatically populated into the Automated Aircraft Discrepancy Book (AADB) and workcenter workload report.
- - When the corrective action is completed, Maintenance Control reviews, approves, or rejects the corrective action block of the WO. Upon completion and approval the AADB is automatically updated where it remains for 10 flights.
- - When parts are required Maintenance Control assigns the project/priority code for the requisition. The material request is automatically forwarded to Material Control’s via online DDSN assignment process.
- - Work Orders/MAF Initiation. Upon completion of the flight, the pilot/aircrew initiates a MAF for each discrepancy. For discrepancies discovered by other than pilot or aircrew, the MAF will be initiated by the person who discovered the discrepancy. In the case of When Discovered Code O, Maintenance Control will initiate the MAF. NALCOMIS prompts the user for required data fields during MAF initiation. The JCN is automatically assigned when the MAF is approved. The Type MAF Code, TEC, BUNO, T/M, MODEX, received date, and received time are pre-filled. The received date and time can be changed. Work center, discrepancy, initiator, and up/down status field shall be filled in prior to saving to the database. All other fields are optional.
Inside of NALCOMIS and OOMA the WO have numerous data fields that are used for many up-line purposes. What are they?
- - JCN
- - Type Maintenance
- - Type WO
- - Accumulated Job Status History
- - Worker Hours
- - Workcenter
- - Work Unit Code
What is JCN?
9 character alphanumeric code that is the basis for data collection.
What is Type Maintenance?
Is prefilled based on the type of WO selected.
What is Type WO?
A two character code that describes the type of maintenance to be performed.
What is Accumulated Job Status History?
The history of the WO from start to finish.
What is Worker Hours?
To include the workers name, tools used, the QA/CDI that inspected them and the hours they worked.
What is Workcenter?
This identifies the workcenter responsible to complete the maintenance action.
What is Work Unit Code?
A numeric or alpha-numeric code that identifies the system or subsystem of the malfunction.
What are common type of work orders?
- - DM, Discrepancy Maintenance
- - TS, Troubleshooting
- - CM, Cannibalization Maintenance
- - AD, Assist Maintenance
- - FO, Facilitate Other Maintenance
- - CL, Conditional look phase
- - CF, Conditional fix Phase
- - SX, Special inspection one workcenter
- - SC, Special inspection control
- - TD, Technical Directive
What does OIMA do?
It provides the capability to manage maintenance and supply functions and processes at the intermediate level by allowing system users to enter, collect, process, store, review, and report information required by the maintenance activity. These processes include engine and SE repair, material requisitions, repairable management, AWP management, personnel assignment and deployment, sub-custody of equipment, use of resources and additional miscellaneous functions at the maintenance activity to include the Aviation Supply Division.
What is Data Accuracy?
Accurate documentation must be a continuous concern throughout NALCOMIS. The analyst must ensure discrepancies are documented via SMTS, BTR, or a change proposal to the aviation 3M MDS VALSPEC Guide (A7257-01).
What do higher level Navy manager use data accuracy for?
- - Analyze high system failures and high man-hour consumers by specific weapon system.
- - Identify desirable product improvements.
- - Analyze inspection requirements as a basis for adjusting inspection criteria and intervals.
- - Adjust component scheduled removal intervals.
- - Improve I-level repair capabilities.
- - Identify failed items under warranty.
- - Establish realistic manning factors.
- - Determine and justify the need for modifications and engineering changes.
- - Establish equipment reliability factors.
- - Determine tooling and equipment requirements.
- - Predict probable failures through trend analysis.
- - Determine the status of compliance with mission readiness type TDs.
- - Monitor aircraft readiness trends in support of Congressional and Joint Service initiatives.
At the local level what are summaries of data accuracy used for?
- - High man-hour per operating hour equipment (by SERNO or type equipment).
- - Man-hours lost to cannibalization and removal of items to FOM.
- - Areas with skill or training deficiencies.
- - Efficient or inefficient use of available manpower.
- - Items with high failure rates.
- - Inadequate troubleshooting.
- - Reasons for ground and in-flight aborts.
- - High usage items.
- - Status of TD compliance.
- - Warranted item failure and subsequent repair.