treat blood stasis:
• mild forms of stagnation: blood flows slowly, without medical intervention, may lead to stasis
• severe forms of stagnation: complications due to phlegm, heat or cold with congealment, solid masses and stasis of blood circulation.
- • heat: consumes fluids, leads to congealment of fluids, slowing down of blood flow
- • cold: congeals blood, leads to a slowing down of blood flow
- • qi stagnation: emotional stagnation; for example: due to increased stress, anxiety, depression, may lead to blood stagnation
- • trauma, injuries, fractures: wind, dampness, cold lead to obstruction of the channels (bi syndrome) and to blood stagnation
- • accumulation of fluids, phlegm, food, parasites lead to blood stasis
- • qi and blood deficiency: lack of movement, decreased blood circulation.