Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Nuclear Power utilization
- 6 % of the world's energy use
- 19% of US electricity generation
How many nuclear power reactors are in operation in the world?
what is an electron volt?
The energy gained by an electron passing through a potential difference of one volt
_____of 2200 known nuclides are stable
- 1.yellow powder that is 80% Uranium Oxide
- -leachd from ores and concentrated
- 1.Fuel:Pellets of Uranium
- 2.Moderator: slows down the neutrons, cause more fission
- 3.Control rods: Control rate of reaction
- 4.Coolant: Liquid or gas to transfer heat from it
Advanced Gas-cooled Reactor
- 1.2nd generation of British gas-cooled reactors
- 2.Uses graphite moderator and carbon dioxide as coolant
Light water graphite-moderated reactor(RBMK)
- 1.Soviet design
- 2.Devloped from plutonium productio reactors
- 1.Nuclear reactor that generates new fissile material at a greater rate than it consumes such mateiral.
- 2.Produces and use Plutonium as a fissile material
- 1.Has no moderator
- 2.smaller core
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview