Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
a version of representative democracy in which the scope of democracy is limited by constitutionsal protection of individual rights,including freedom of assembly, property, religion and speech . Free, fair and regular elections are baded on near universal suffrage
NEW Democracy-- is a country that has become democratic recently
Transitional democracies are countries are countries that are moving toward democracy from another regime type.
- Direct Democracy ---citizens assemble to decide on issues example....Athens
- ((Referenda ----is an example in the United States for direct democracy))
A semi-democracy blend democratic AND authoritarian elements in a stable combination
“A democracy is consolidated when( under given political and economic conditions) a particular system of institutions becomes the only game in town and when no-one can imagine acting outside the democratic institutions” page 57
what are the constitutional powers of the president?
- President’s Constitutional Powers
- *Degree authority
- *Decree is law for 30 days without approval
- 1988-1995 There over a 1000 decrees
- The VetO Power--
- -requires 50% total membership to override
Both full and partial veto
- Exclusive right to introduce legislation on:
- size of armed forces
- public salaries
- administrative or judicial organization
Among our cases, where federalism was adopted as a way to deal with ethnic divisions? Where was it adopted as a way to accommodate regional differences?
Why could Russia be categorized as a semi-presidential democracy in 1990s?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview