Somatoform and Dissociative Disoders
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the different kinds of somatoform disorders?
- body dysmorphic disorder
- conversion disorder
- pain disorder
- somatoform disorder
What does hypochondiasis share with other mood and panic disorders?
similar age of onset, personality characteristics, familial aggregation
How is hypochondriasis different from illness phobia?
- illness phobia- marked fear of developing a disease
- hypochondriasis- anxious that they actually have the disease, more likely to misinterpret physical symptoms and engage in checking behaviour
How is panic disorder different from hypochondriasis?
- panic disorder- fear IMMEDIATE symptoms related catastrophes
- hypochondirasis- fear the LONG-TERM process of illness and disease, and wider range of symptoms
Is hypochondriasis more prevalent among the elderly?
Why are somatic symptoms difficult to deal with in psychopathology
- ruling out physical causes
- determining the nature of the physical complaints
- awareness of the specific culture or subculture of the patient
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview