The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What personality disorders are in Cluster A??
What characteristics does Cluster A have ??
Odd and eccentric
What Axis are personality disorders on??
What are the Characteristics for Paranoid??
- Mistrust and suspiciousness w/o sufficient basis
- Difficulty adjusting to change
- Secretive, jealousy, emotionally detached
- Argumentive to maintain a safe distance btw self and others
- Persistenly bears grudges
What are the characteristics for Schizoid??
- pervasive pattern of detachment from social relationships
- Prefer to be alone
- Lack of trust in others
- Affect is bland, blunted or flat
What are the Shyzotypal characteristics ??
- distored sense of reality but can still discern reality from their beliefs
- Can still function
- Social and interpersonal deficits usually causing anxiety
- odd beliefs and magical thinking
What personality disorders are in Cluster B
What characteristics are shown in Cluster B
Dramatic, Emotional or Erratic
- violation of rights of others
- petty theft
- embezzles money
- lack empathy
- may be abusive
- recurrent suicide (1in 10 commit suicide) behavior, gestures, or threats
- self mutilation
- all good or all bad
- desperately seek relationships to avoid feeling abandoned
- drive others away bc theyre controlling
- Over dramatic, excessive emotionality, attention seeking
- trys to get attention of opposite sex
- Preoccupied w/ fantasies of power, success, extremely grandiose, labile mood
- Seek constant admiration
- Sense of entitilement
- Sees self as more important
- lack of empathy
What are the personality disorders in Cluster C??
- Obsessive compulsive
What are the characteristics for Cluster C
Anxious and Fearful
- needs to be taken care of
- submissive and clingin behavior
- fear of separation
Obsessive-Compulsive personality disorder
- Mental and interpersonl control
- Needs routine
- unable to delegate work for fear others will not do task correctly
What personality disorders seem to have genetics that paly a role
What abnormalties are found in a person w/ borderline??
abnormality in prefrontal, corticostriatal, and limbi system
What are two facts about personality dirsorders??
- you don't get hospitalized for these disorders
- you get this diagnosis when your 18
What is the comorbidity with personality disorders??
- often more than 1 personality disorder and often w. the following
- substance abuse
- eating disorders
- limbis system