- Sensitivity: a ratio or proportion of the true-positive
- test results divided by all patients with the DOS.
- sensitivity = (a / (a + c))
- a + c = true positives+ false
- negatives = everyone with disorder
- The better the sensitivity
- of the test, the fewer the false negatives.
Specificity: a ratio or proportion of the true-negative test results divided by all patients without the disorder.
specificity =(d / (b + d))
(b + d) = sum of (false +s, true -s) = those w/o disease
- The better the specificity
- of the test, the fewer false positives.