The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Resilience is the ability to grow and thrive in the face of challenges and bounce back from adversity” (Comprehensive Soldier Fitness
Why is resilience important in the Army?
Resiliency is important to the Army due to the high operational demands placed on soldiers with back to back deployments
What are the four Pillars of CSF?
- Global Assessment Tool (GAT)
- Self-Development Modules (online)
- Master Resilience Trainer (MRT) Course
- Institutional Military Resilience Training
One of the Primary Duties of Master Resilience Trainers…
Serveas Commander's advisor regarding total fitness and resilience training related issues
What are the stressors in the Military?
- Boredom (alienation)
- Danger (threat)
- Workload (overload)
What are the 12 skills to Resiliency???
- ATC (Activating Events-Thoughts-Consequences)
- Avoid Thinking Traps
- Detect Icebergs
- Energy Management
- Problem Solving
- Put it in perspective
- Real-time Resilience
- Identify Character Strengths
- Use Strengths in Challenges
- Active Constructive Responding and Praise
- Assertive Communication
- Hunt the Good stuff
Key Principles to MRT??
- Order Matters
- Make a Plan
What is Creative Thinking?
Creative thinking is the process of creating something new that has value or meaning helps us manage change.
Essay Question: Why should leaders be creative and encourage creativity.
Military leaders should be creative and encourage creativity in order to act successfully in ambiguous and uncertain conditions
Innovative creative problem solvers
- 1- Challenge or break rules, customs, and assumptions,
- 2- Provide numerous ideas,
- 3- Redefine problems, often seeing paradigm shifts first,
- 4- Make revolutionary change
Adaptive creative problem solvers
- 1- Work within the existing structures and rules,
- 2- Improve upon what already exists,
- 3- Make incremental change
The Myers-Briggs Indicator does what?
determines/measure your personality preference…
Belbin Team Role Theory – essay question
- Belbin’s philosophy is about celebrating – and making the most of - individual differences. Room for everyone in the team: all positive contributions are welcome.
- A “Team Role” came to be defined as “A tendency to behave, contribute, and interrelate with others in a particular way.” Individuals display different team roles to varying degrees
What are the 9 Roles to creative Thinking?
- 1. Plant
- 2. Resource Investigator
- 3. Coordinator
- 4. Shaper
- 5. Monitor Evaluator
- 6. Team worker
- 7. Implementer
- 8. Completer Finisher
- 9. Specialist
Problem Solving Techniques:
- 1- Brainstorming,
- 2- Multi Voting (narrow ideas),
- 3- Nominal Group Technique (rank order)
Generating Ideas - Process has what Technique
Rank Order - Process has what Technique
Evaluating Ideas - Process has what technique
Contemporary Operational Environment (COE)
equates to what?
Operational Environment (OE) equates to what?
Joint Operational Environment equates to what?
The Trend or Future