Geometry:Lines and angles
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How are vertical angles formed
When 2 lines collide and then continue on their way. The angles are opp to each other
What is a transversal?
A line that intersects two or more lines at different points.
What are corrseponding angles?
- The angles are congruent if the lines are parallel and cut by a transversal.(It is 'F' shaped')
What are alternate interior angles?
- ngles that are on opposite sides of the transversal and are between the two lines.
- They are congruent if the lines are parallel.
- Z shaped
What are alternate exterior angles?
Angles that are on opposite sides of the transversal and are outside of the two lines. They are congruent if the lines are parallel.
1) \angle 1 and \angle 2 are?
2) \angle 1 and \angle 3 are?
3) \angle 1 and \angle 4 are?
4) \angle 1 and \angle 5 are?
5) \angle 1 and \angle 6 are?
6) \angle 1 and \angle 7 are?
\angle 1 and \angle 8 are?
- 1. supplementary
- 2. supplementary
- 3. congruent(vertical angle)
- 4. congruent(corresponding)
- 5. supplementary (since \angle 6 = \angle 2)
- 6. supplementary (since \angle 7 = \angle 3)
- 7. congruent ( \angle 8 = \angle 4)
Given: X is the midpoint of seg PQ
seg MX = seg XP
Prove : seg QX= seg MX
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview