Chem practical 11
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
how do you draw a lewis electron diagram? do one for oxygen and oxygen ion
- chem name
- only valence electrons
- if ions -> brackets
- and draw arrows moving electrons
- structural diagrams include bonds
- each line = 2 electrons
atm = ?
760 torr = 760 mmHg = 1 atm = 101.3 kPa
cobalt chloride paper used to test for?
violet flame? red flame?
- violet - most energy
- red - least
molar volume equation?
Vm = V/n
naming with different number o oxygens
- hypo _____ite -2
- ________ite -1
- _________ate - regular
- per _______ate +1
acids naming w/ diff number oxygen
number line for ionic, polar covalent, covalent bonds
- minus electroneg
- 3.3 - 1.7 - 0.4 - 0
- ionic, polar cov, coval
what does bicarbonate spontaneously do?
H2CO3 -> H2O + CO2
hydrogen is what with metal and nonmetal?
- + metal = ionic compound
- + nonmetal = covalent
metal oxides = ? non-metal oxides =?
- metal oxides = solids
- non-metal = gases
fuel + oxygen -> x dioxide + water
- some oxides w/ less oxygen content
- e.g. carbon monoxide nitrogen monoxide
- depends on amount oxygen present
how to collect carbon dioxide ?
- calcium carbide in water -> co2
- downward displacement
- allow air to flow in with accurate amount o gas
- insert splint
single displacement metal oxide + water =?
- metal oxide + water -> H2 + MOH <- hydroxide
- non-metal oxide + water -> H2 + acid
metal + water -> ?
h2 + MOH
%difference = %error
theoretical - predicted / theoretical
pgas = ptotal - ph20
glass thingy used for titration
and cup thingy
- point when color changes and remains not too dramatic
exactly known concentration
to dilute solution use what?
- volumetric flask
- only pour out half at time
- from solid or by dilution w/ another liquid
as concetration increase, absorbance o solution increases
actual yield/theoretical yield
ionic materials vs molec compounds
- ionic = soluble
- conductivity = yes ionic in water
- ionic high melting points
- ionic generally crystal
- ionic very hard generally
- molec = nonmet + nonmet
- ionic = met + met
decomposition of bicarbonate
produces water + carbon dioxide + salt
# decimal places in ph = ?
- # significant digits
- pH = 11.00 <-- 2 decimal places
- [H+(aq)] = 1.0 x 10-2 mol/L
formula to calculate pH
pH = -log[H+(aq)]
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview