Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
(Aristotle) Seek Moderation
- (John Stuart Mill)
- Seek results that lead to greatest outcome for greatest number of people
Journalists serve society
Universal principles; morals
Inconsequential; concerned with decisionmaking process
- Concerned with consequences
- ethically sound decision = best consequence
- example: utilitarianism
Identify company objectives/values
5 Areas of Accountability
- Responsibility to Audience
Difference between code of conduct and mission statement
- Organizations/Companies: Mission statements
- Professional Organizations: Ethical Codes
Implementing an ethics program
- 1. State mission
- 2. Clarify organization values
- 3. Create code of ethics
- 4. Develop ethics program
1600-1700: First news broadcast, usually followed again at 1800
- Time period for assessing viewing trends
- 4x a year: Feb, May, Jul, Nov
- Sensationalist, multi-part stories air
- special series/topics
Social Media Strategy
- 1. Engage Audience
- 2. Content Development
- 3. Promote
- 4. Evaluate
Emerging Business Models
- 1. Subscriptions
- 2. Apps
- 3. Pay4Play
4 P's of Marketing
- 1. Product
- 2. Price
- 3. Place
- 4. Promotion
2 Units of Marketing Tasks
- Sales & Promotion
- Sales handeld by GSM (General Sales Manager)
- Promotion by some other midlevel manager
Dividing audience into segments and trying to fulfill their needs
Difference between sales and marketing
- Marketing recognizes goal of serving client needs
- Sales emphasizes the product
Information from this source is
used in preparing the main types of financial statements used in
Capital budgeting is used as a
decision tool used by managers when deciding upon major projects or
assets to purchase.
This statement summarizes a
firm's financial activities over a set period of time.
This research presents
quantitative information on the media habits of audiences.
Which technology allows electronic
media managers to create new sources of revenue?
of the following is not discussed in chapter 3 as a valuable step to be
used in establishing a program of ethics for a media organization?
Using broadcast time to communicate ethics
There is no code of ethics for mass media industries
Which of the following is a criterion used to
determine whether or not a contest is a lottery?
- (Not privilege)
Advertising regulation is coordinated by this
The President of the United States appoints
commissioners to the FCC, with the advice and consent of the Senate.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview