Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- "basil, tomato confit, manchego cheese"
- -baked duck egg (runny in middle)
- -tomato confit (san marzano tomatoes, garlic, sugar, olive oil)
- -carmelized onions (garlic, sugar, olive oil)
- -served with toasted miche bread, manchego shavings
- "alpine cheeses, fried onions"
- -spatzle (literally "little sparrow", tiny noodles or dumplings made from flour, eggs, water or milk, nutmeg)
- -alpine cheeses (scharfe max, emmentaler)
- -fried onions (floured)
- "cucumber salad, fried parsley"
- -chicken schnitzel (Austrian for cutlet, usually described as meat dipped in egg, breaded, fried)
- -cucumber salad (pickled in white vinegar, garlic, sugar, canola oil)
- -fried parsley
Grilled Whole Quail
- "braised fennel, capers, raisins"
- -1 grilled semi-boneless quail
- -braised fennel (first browned in olive oil, then cooked with white balsamic vinegar, white wine, sugar, capers, raisins)
Jumbo White Asparagus
- "speck, parmesan, fingerling potatoes"
- -speck (german for smoked bacon)
- -fingerling potatoes
- -jumbo white asparagus (imported either from France or Netherlands)
Strozzapreti with Braised Duck
- "wild mushrooms, double smoked bacon"
- -strozzapreti (elongated form of cavatelli[ripple edged shells]
- -wild mushrooms
- -double smoked bacon
- -braised duck legs (first browned in fat, then braised)
- -onion, carrot, garlic, celery, red wine, tomatoes, chicken stock, evoo, herbs (rosemary, sage, thyme, bay leaf, black pepper)
- "salsa verde"
- -skirt steak (cut from beef flank, long and thin piece that's flavorful)
- -salsa verde (parsley, basil, garlic, anchovies, lemon juice, evoo, capers)
- -seasonal salad garnish (salt, onions, celery, micro greens, frisee...)
Smoked Pork Shoulder
- "cabbage salad, mustard and horseradish"
- -cabbage salad (salt, sugar, caraway, canola oil, white vinegar)
- -german mustard (not grainy; smooth, brown, tangy)
- -fresh horseradish
- -smoked pork shoulder (2 pieces)