The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
issue of religious toleration figured prominently in the founding of colonies
by all of the following EXCEPT
of the following accurately describes a problem faced by Virginia in the last
decades of the 17th century?
- between large plantation owners and settlers on Virginia’s western frontier
of the following documents would be most useful in examining the origins of
constitutional government in colonial America?
- Fundamental Orders of Connecticut
intolerance of dissent led to the founding of a number of new colonies.” The
founding of which of the following does NOT support this statement?
Williams differed from other Puritan ministers in his emphasis on
- individual’s private religious conscience
of the following was NOT a factor in the formation of the New England
- desire to suppress religious dissent
chief purpose of mercantilist policies was to
- the economy and power of the parent country
acts of trade and navigation had all of the following consequences in the
- prices were charged for English imports
Penn’s “Holy Experiment” included all of the following ideas EXCEPT
- Bible as religious authority for all
the mid-18th century, all of the following were generally true about
slavery in the British colonies EXCEPT
- was strongly opposed in New England