The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Information such as your name, date of birth and social security number are all considered to be protected health information. This information would fall into which of the following categories?
Explanation: Demographic Health Information is a part of individually identifiable health information, it contains no information regarding and individual's illness or treatment. Demographic information is the patient's name, date of birth, address, social security number, insurance information and contact information.
Which of the following is a project management tool that is characterized by circles connected by lines to indicate the sequence of event?
A. PERT Diagram
B. Gantt Chart
C. Venn Diagram
D. Critical Path
- Explanation: A PERT Diagram is a diagram which represent the steps or component parts of a project as circles connected by lines to indicated the sequence of events. Answer: C is incorrect. Venn Diagram is incorrect as this diagram is diagram used in mathematics that are used to show
- all possible logical relations between a finite collection of sets. Answer: D is incorrect. Critical path is incorrect as this is not a diagram, however, it is a tool used to indicate the overall time frame a project should take to complete. Answer: B is incorrect. Gantt Chart is incorrect as this is a table that contains horizontal time lines and vertical indicators of project components,with bars indicating when and by whom tasks are to be completed.
Which of the following types of budget incorporates the budgets of each individual business unit?
A. Organizational Budget
B. Operating Budget
C. Statistical Budget
D. Master Budget
Explanation: The master budget incorporates the budget of each department or business unit into one budget for the entire facility Answer: C is incorrect. Statistical budget is incorrect as this type of budget budget predicts future volume based primarily on historical data. Answer: A is incorrect. Organizational budget is incorrect as this answer choice is meant simply for a distractor. Organizational budgets are not Opused in a healthcare setting. Answer: B is incorrect. Operating budget is incorrect as this type of budget predicts labor, supplies and other expenses based on predicted work volume.
Which of the following database models is simply a collection of objects related by an object that has certain characteristics?
A. Enterprise Model
B. Network Model
C. Hierarchal Model
D. Object Oriented Model
- Explanation: The object oriented model is essentially a collection of objects, related by encapsulation (an object such as a patient has certain characteristics) or inheritance (an object such as a resident inherits characteristics from a physician object). There is no primary key in this
- model. Answer: C is incorrect. Hierarchal model is incorrect as this database model uses the format of a typical parent-child arrangement, whereas, one piece of information can have many subordinated pieces. Answer: B is incorrect. Network model is incorrect as this model is designed to allow the child to have more than one parent. This model is often referred to as the many to many model. Answer: A is incorrect. Enterprise model is meant as a distractor, the enterprise database model does not exist.
According to HIPAA, how long must a medical practice retain a patient's medical records?
A. ten years
B. five years
C. three years
D. HIPAA does not mandate how long.
Explanation: HIPAA's privacy rule applies to the complete period of record retention and disposal, but does not stipulate how long records must be kept.
Which of the following portable computer systems is used by smart phones for offering advanced OS capabilities? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose all that apply.
C. Tablet PC
Which of the following is the most secure among the following encryption algorithms?
Explanation: AES encryption is the most secure among DES, 3DES, and RC4 encryptions.
This group can apply for incentive payments for the adaption, implementation, upgrading and/or meaningful use of certified electronic health record technology, due to provisions of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009. Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose all that apply.
C. Healthcare Clearinghouse
D. Eligible providers
Which of the following types of health insurance allows the patient to direct his/her own care?
B. Indemnity Plan
C. Point of Service
- Answer: B
- Explanation: An indemnity plan allows you to visit any doctor, any hospital and direct your own
- care. Answer: A is incorrect. HMO is incorrect as this offers healthcare services for a prepaid fixed
- amount of reimbursement. In an HMO, providers and subscribers voluntarily enroll and the HMO
- assumes responsibility and financial risks. Answer: D is incorrect. PPO is incorrect as this is a
- network of physicians or healthcare organizations that provide healthcare at a discounted rate in
- return for higher patient volume. Answer: C is incorrect. Point of Service (POS) is an agreement
- where a patient is permitted to choose a provider each time healthcare service is required.
As part of your new job at a hospital, you are asked to obtain a copy of the form that would allow requests for patient health information so that it can be added to a database of scanned legal forms. What department would you go to in order to obtain this form? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose all that apply
A. Accounts payable
B. Release of Information Office
C. Health Information Management Services D. Medical Records
Which of the following is the process of verifying and allowing a user on a network?
- Answer: C
- Explanation: Authentication is the process of verifying and allowing a user on a network. Answer: B is incorrect. Authorization involves verifying that an authenticated user has permission to perform certain operations or access specific resources. Authentication, therefore, must precede
Which of the following would refer to the handling and storage of a patients CT scan?
B. Health Level 7
Explanation: DICOM, short for Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine, refers to the standard of handling, storing, printing and transmitting information in medical imaging.
You are employed at a large facility that employs several file clerks and sees numerous patients on a daily basis. Which of the following types of file systems would be appropriate for this type of facility?
A. Motorized Revolving Files
B. Filing Cabinets with Drawers
C. Open Shelf Files
D. Compressible Units with Open Files
- Answer: C
- Explanation: Open shelf files is best for high volume facilities with multiple filing staff to provide security. This method allows for easy access albeit less secure and requires significant space. Answer: D is incorrect. Compressible units with open files is best for limited space, medium volume facilities with two or three file clerks. This method allows for easy access and saves space. Answer: B is incorrect. Filing cabinets with drawers is incorrect as this method for small, low volume facilities is filing cabinets with drawers. This type of filing allows for patient records to be locked, fireproofed and protected from the environment, however, this method required significant space. Answer: A is incorrect. Motorized revolving files is best for limited space, low volume facilities with one file clerk. This option allows for patient records to be covered and locked but is expensive to acquire and maintain.
You are asked to reduce medical records for a dental practice, you can eliminate all records that are older than which of the following?
A. 4 years
B. 6 years
C. 10 years
D. 30 years
- Explanation: All primary dental records must be retained for a period of at least 4 years from the date of the patient's last episode of care. Answer: B is incorrect. 6 years is incorrect as this is the amount of time in which all materials containing HIPAA information must be kept. Answer: C is incorrect. 10 years is incorrect as this is the amount of time all primary medical records must be retained. Answer: D is incorrect. 30 years is incorrect as no medical information is required to be
- retained for 30 years.
Which of the following tools are used for an indoor site survey? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose all that apply.
A. Access point
B. Topography map
C. Spectrum analyzer
In medical terminology, the suffix -osis is used to describe which of the following?
B. Study of
- Answer: C
- Explanation: In medical terminology, any word that end in the suffix -osis refers to a disease process of a particular area. Examples, diverticulosis is disease of the diverticulum, tuberculosis is a disease process of the tubercles of the lungs and leukocytosis is a disease process of the white blood cells. Answer: D is incorrect. inflammation is incorrect as any medical term referring to inflammation ends with the suffix -itis. Answer: A is incorrect. Opening is incorrect as any medical condition that refers to opening ends with the suffix -otomy, example thoracotomy means an opening was made in the thorax. Answer: B is incorrect. Study of is incorrect as any term referring to the study of anything end with the suffix -ology, example Radiology is the study of radiation, cardiology is the study of the heart.
Which of the following items are configured on a user workstation for wireless networking? Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose two.
A. Service Set Identifier (SSID)
B. Security Set Identifier (SSID)
C. MAC Address Filtering
- Answer: A,D
- Explanation: SSID (Service Set Identifier) and encryption are part of the end user configuration. Keep in mind, encryption is not essential, but is a common requirement in today's networking