The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
of the following sources would be most useful in researching a paper entitled
“Arguments for Independence, 1776”?
- Paine’s Common Sense
Battle of Saratoga had all of the following consequences EXCEPT
- the British to grant most of the American demands
First Continental Congress was a reaction to
- of the Intolerable Acts
his pamphlet Common Sense, Thomas
Paine defended his idea of American independence on the grounds that
- should not pledge allegiance to a king and a corrupt government
a result of the Treaty of Paris, the United States gained all of the following
of the following most accurately describes those Americans who fought on the
British side in the American Revolution?
- came from all groups and classes
of the following most accurately describes the change in American public
opinion between January 1774 and July 1776?
- changed from a desire for reconciliation to a decision for independence
“The Articles of Confederation succeeded in guiding the United States through
its first decade.” Each of the following actions supports this statement EXCEPT
- regulated interstate trade
“The new state constitutions enacted during the Revolutionary War reflected the
Patriots’ emphasis on individual liberty.” Each of the following actions
supports this statement EXCEPT
- absence of any provisions for the abolition of slavery
of the following is a correct statement about the United States at the end of
the Revolutionary War?
- privileges were reduced or eliminated