Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Single Engine Landing Adjustments
- 1. Final App Config. Gear down Flaps 20
- 2. Final App Speed Vref + 10kts
- 3. Lnd Dist. x1.2
Type of engines on 20's and 30's
- 20's Series
- GE CJ610-6
- Axial Flow Turbo Jet 2,950Lbs @ STD
- 30's Series
- Garrett TFE 731-2-2B (EEC)
- Garrett TFE 731-2-2C (DEEC)
- Centrifugal Flow Turbo Jet 3,500lbs @ STD
- Electric Engine Comp
- Digital Electric Engine Comp
How Many Door Pins?
- 36in Door 10pins- 8 upper 2 bottom
- 24in Door 9pins-7 upper 2 bottom
Closing door call out
"2 FWD(door latches) 2 Back(door pins motored back)"
Vortex Gen if Missing can you go?
- if 3 are missing NO GO or
- if 2 next to each other missing NO GO
Boundary Layer energizers Missing can you go?
If 1 or more is missing then speed restriced to .77 mach (also if AFC/SS autopilot is inop)
What kind of Nose Wheel tire
3/4in Chine tire
Max Engine Setting per Company
- 20's 98% N1 or 670degC
- 30's 795degC
Nose wheel steer Limits
- Pri Steer @ 10kts only 45Deg
- Wheel Master @ 45kts 10Deg
if Variable authority steering then deg of steer is dependent on wheel speed
- 20's 105PSI
- 30's 104-114PSI
- 20's 125PSI
- 30's 190PSI
MAX FL if Stick puller Inop
Load on Gen's before 2nd engine start
Gen load has to be <125Amps
Ext Pwr protection?
Overvoltage relay that kick off the Ext Pwr if it reaches 33+/-2 VDC
30's Series Electrical Differences
- 2 brushless Gen
- 2 Starters
- Curentlimiter Failure lights (no CL checks)
- 71CK 72CK- Gen Volts Reduced as load increases during Gnd ops anytime starter engaged. to protect 275A C.L
76CK # and Kind of Inverters
- 3 total
- Primary and Secondary 400va w/ internal stepdown transformers for 115vac and 26vac
- Standby 750vac w/ internal stepdown transformers for 115vac and 26vac
- STBY has auto switching if other fails
Type of Glare Shield Lights
- 20's Incandecent
- 30's Flourescent
Recognition Light operation
- don't use on Ground
- 250 watts
- reduces Tip tank capacity by 40 lbs
- 450 Watts in landing mode
- Resistor reduces wattage by 1/2 in taxi mode
How many Fuel quanity Probes
7 probes and the inside Left wing one Compensates for specfic gravity corrections.
For 30's what is motive flow lockout
During start motive flow valve closed then slowly opens as the engine starts and fuel pressure increases
Max T/O Altitude
MaX tail wind component
Max Fuel Imbalance
- 200lbs for Auto Pilot ON
- 200lbs between R/X tips
Flight Load limits G's
Flaps up +3 to -1
Flaps down +2 to -0
Min Fuel for Go around
600lbs in each wing
Max tip fuel for landing
- 25's - 800lbs
- 30's - Norm 925lbs, R/X 600lbs
Min and Max Flap Speeds
Vfe 1-8 Deg's 200kts 9-20 Deg's 170
0 Deg's Max Kts ? Min Ref+40
8 Deg's Max 200 Min Ref+30
20 Deg's Max 170 Min Ref+20
Full Max 150 Min Ref+10
Best Glide Speed
Ref+ 50 to 55
Battery Volts and Amps
- 24v Lead Acid 40 A/Hr
- 23v NiCad 23 A/Hr (71CK)
External Power Volts and Amps limit
- 28 V 1000 A
- Overvoltage relay kicks ext Pwr off at 33+/- 2 VDC
Items Hot Wired to Battery
- 1. Door Motor
- 2. Entry Lights
- 3. Pin Head lights (only 20's)
- 4. Stall Warnings
- 5. No Smoking/Seatbelt Sign Light (Some)
- 6. Cabin dump Valves (76CK)
- 7. Emerg. Pitch Trim (76CK)
Min Volts to close Bat Relay
16v in Bat
Min Voltage to start engine
Where does voltmeter get its reading from?
- Bat Charging Bus and reads Highest Volts
- 28=Ext Pwr
When can you move fuel from wings to Fuselage?
when at least 1000lbs in each wing tank
How much fuel gravity feeds from Tip
- 1/2 of the Tip tanks
when does Fuel filter light turn on
If 1 or both fuel filters are being bypassed.
When dose fuel press light turn on?
On at .25PSI and off at 1PSI
Fuselage tank empty light means what?
- There is no pressure in the XFER line.
- Caused by XFER pump failed, XFER Valve didn't open, Line blocked, no fuel.
When would the low fuel light turn on?
if 450lbs or less in either wing tanks
What are Variable inlet guide vanes and what controls them
- Moveable vanes that direct air flow at different PWR settings to prevent surges and compressor stall.
- Controled by Varable Geometry Acuator that uses fuel pressure supplied by the FCU. Var Geometry Acuator moves Var inlet guide vanes and 3,4,5 stage bleed ports
Fire detection system for 20's and 30's
Inconel metal lindberg Loops surrounding engine. Consist of inner metal wire surrounded by ceramic and then encased in metal sheath. if loop is severed then fire detection is lossed. Front section energizes Fire light at 480degF, Rear at 510degF
30's the same except that front rated at 410degF and rear at 890degF to turn on fire light.
Describe Fire Protection
- 1. 2 Fire bottles W/ Halon
- 2. Each bottle has 2 squibs that can direct Halon to either engine through check valves
- 3. 2 Armed lights on each engine that fire the bottles when pushed
- 4. Fire light on each engine if pushed
- 1. closes fuel, hydraulic and Bleed
- (510 cabin) valves
- 2. Energizes the armed lights
- 3. Energizes Pin head lights
- 5. Thermal discharge disc (Pilot side fwd) is popped out if one or both bottles over pressurized - >217degF
- Manual discharge disc (Pilot side aft) is popped out if one or both bottles were manualy discharged.
Purpose of H Valve
- Conditions bleed air going to cabin by blending air cooled by heat exchanger and hot bleed air to control cabin temp.
- Controled w/ Hot/Cold switch when in manual mode.
What does the EPV (Emer Press Valve) do and when does it go into Emer.
Valve switches Pressurization from Norm to Emer. It is spring loaded in the Emer position and is electrically control Pneumatically acuated to the Norm position.
- Emer Pressurization mode activated if
- 1. Loss of electrical Pwr & switch on
- 2. Loss of servo air press & switch on
- 3. Pressurization aneriod senses cabin Alt 9,500ft +/-250
- 4. Switch is put to Emer
When to turn on Anti-Icing Equip?
Before entering Visible moisture W/ temp at or below +10degC
Explain Stab and wing heat
- Stab & Wing heat switch energizes system
- Wings recieve bleed air when the Wittaker valve opens. The bleed air is ducted through the leading edges (heats them) and is dumped overboard through the scuppers. Wings have OV HT sensor that turns on wing OV HT light at 215degF and have Temp Gages.
- Horizantal Stab is heated w/ electric blanket.
- Leading edge portion is heated constantly (W/ switch on)
- A sequence timer cycles 3 pairs of elements in 15sec intervals sequentially (1,2,3,1,2,3)
- Stab Warning light turns on if Pwr is lossed to the heat elements.
- Stab heat disabled on the Grnd by Squat switch.
Explain operation of the Windsheild Heat system
- 1. Its controlled w/ an Auto/Manual & On/Off switches & In Norm/Out Defog knob.
- 2.In auto mode the defog valve fully opens (which turns on WSHLD Heat light)
- On the Grnd a 215degF limit switch closes the defog valve (which turns off WSHLD Heat light) and turns WSHLD OV'HT light on
- In the air 215degF limit switch closes the defog valve (which turns off WSHLD Heat light)
- If 215deg limit switch fails a 250degF closes Pressure regulating valve and turns WSHLD OV'HT light on and WSHLD Heat light stays on
- 3. The In Norm/Out Defog knob directs air to windsheild (Out Defog) or Foot warmers (In Norm)
How much fluid does the hydraulic reservior hold?
What are the limitations on the Aux hydraulic pump?
- 1. 3mins On(of pump operating) then 20mins off
- 2. Use Mil Spec H5606 Fluid
- 3. If Temp outside is -25degC then run engines for 3mins before using any hydraulic system
Explain operation of Aux Hydraulic pump.
Turning Aux Hydraulic pump switch on energizes the pressure switch. When the pressure switch senses < 1200PSI then it turns on Aux pump. When pressure switch senses 1400PSI the AUx pump turns off.
HYD PRESS light turns on when?
If system pressure is < 1200PSI
What holds Landing Gear up and down?
- UP - Nose gear - up latch
- Main gear inboard doors - Up latch
- Main gear - Hydraulic Pressure
- Down- Intergal Downlocks
What should Emergency Air read for Preflight?
1800 to 3000 PSI
Emergency Landing Gear Extension procedure.
- 1. Check emergency air for 1800-3000PSI
- 2. Make sure Gear handle in down Position
- 3. Pull the Gear Circuit Breaker
- 4. Pull Emergency Gear Extention Lever
- 5. Never use Aux Pump to put gear down or for anything untill gear has been blown down.
How to set Parking Break?
Pull out parking break knob and then push breaks or push breaks then pull Knob.
What indication will you see after an emergency gear extention?
3 green and 2 red
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview