Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Heart failure can be due to...
- Ventricular dysfunction
- reduced cardiac output
- insufficient tissue perfusion
- fluid retention
Cycle of Maladaptive Compensatory Responses in Heart Failure
- 1) cardiac dilation
- 2) activation of the sympathetic nervous sytem
- 3) activation of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system
- 4) retention of water and increased blood volume.
Not exactly what the heart needs because its already working too hard.
Treament goals for Heart Failure
- Releif of pulmonary (lt side failure) and peripheral (rt side failure) congestive symptoms
- Improvement of functional capacity
- Improvement in quality of life
- Prolongation of life expectancy.
Nondrug therpay for heart failure
- limit salut intake to 2mg/day
- reduce caloric diet
- bed rest
- regular mild exercise
- avoid alcohol (increases fluid load)
- avoid excessive fluids (limited to 500-1000mL/day.) want to see more o than i in i/o.
- Monitor weight daily @ same time of day.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview