341 Chapter 4
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Basic unit of phonology- abstract mental idea of a sound
- Real world manifestation of a phoneme in speech- the actual sound heard
- Patterned- you can write a rule
minimal pairs test
- Used to determine whether two sounds are from
- different phonemes
- words differ by only one sound (pig/wig & cat/cot)
- they never appear in the same place
- Clark Kent and Superman
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview