341 Chapter 5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
above the word; the pitch changing over the word
- unique pitch contour on a syllable
- like in Chinese
- a greater amplitude with sounds waves and muscle exertion on a syllable
- English is a stressed language
- changing the stress in the word changes the meaning
- like tone; pitch contour over the entire utterance rather than just a syllable.
- ex- Is the chair red? rises at the end
- when two sounds become alike
- would you (wudju)
adding a sound that isn't there
- when a sound is deleted
- friendship (frenship)
- deletion of an unstressed schwa at the beginning of a word
- saying bout for about
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview