Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Posterior pituitary hormones
- Anti diuretic hormone (ADH),
- produced by Hypothalamus, transferred to PP via nerves through infundibulum and get then relesased from PP.
Anterior Pituitary hormones
- Growth hormone (GH)
- Thyroide stimulating hormone (TSH)
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)
- Follicle stimulating hormone (FSH)
- Lutenising hormone (LH)
- Prolactin (PRL)
- interstitial cell-stimulatin hormone (ICSH)
Hormones that stimulate other cells to produce and / or release hormones
Steroid based hormones
Made from cholesterol, lipid-soluble. penetrate cell wall to directly to receptors in cytoplasm.
Protein based hormones
Receptors in cell wall, need second messenger to transport message into the cell.
- adrenal medullary (Adrenaline, Noradrenaline).
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview