RESEARCH PHASES AND PROCESS
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 5 phases of Research
- 1. Conceptualization Phase
- 2. Design Phase
- 3. Empirical Phase
- 4. Analytical Phase
- 5. Dessemination Phase
What are the 10 Processes of research
- 1. Topic
- 2. Review
- 3. Hypothesis
- 4. Framework
- 5. Objectives
- 6. Research Plan
- 7. Data Gathering
- 8. Data Analysis
- 9. Conclusion
- 10. Communication
What is Process 1?
Topic / Problem Identification
What is Process 2?
What is Process 3?
Hypothesis or Proposition Development
What is Process 4?
What is Process 5?
What is Process 6?
Research Plan Formulation
What is Process 7?
Data Gathering / Collection
What is Process 8?
Data Analysis and Interpretation
What is Process 9?
What is Process 10?
Communicating and Utilizing the Findings
What are the key questions for topic identification?
- a. What do I know about the topic?
- b. What should I know about the topic
- c. What do previous studies say about my chosen topic?
What is the SEMP Approach?
- a. Substantive Dimension - Is the research question of theoretical or disciplinal significance?
- b. Ethical Dimension - Can this question be studied in a manner consistent with guidelines for the protection of subjects?
- c. Methodologic Dimension - How can this question be studied?
- d. Practical Dimension - Are adequate resources adequate to conduct a study?
What are Building Blocks of Intellectualized Topic?
- Presence of...
- 1. Identified Topic
- 2. Variable Parameter
- 3. Design Parameter (see p.185)
- 4. Locus Parameter
- 5. Argument Parameter (apply RED Principle)
What is the definition of Typologies?
1. Lexical (authoritative definition)
- 2. Operational (how the term is used)
- 3. Stipulative (assigning a meaning to a word for the first time)
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF GOOD SYNTHETIC REVIEW?
- 1. It clarifies and resolves the problems within a field study
- 2. It results to a progressive shift that yields a new perspective
- 3. It satisfies the formal criteria of a good theory
WHAT ARE THE THREE TYPES OF LITERATURE?
- 1. Conceptual (10%) - books
- 2. Research (90%) - journals
- 3. Gray (0%) - unpublished literatures
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview