Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What does cyclooxygenase do?
- COX 1 ~ Found in ALL tissue “Housekeeper”
- --Protects gastric mucosa
- --Supports renal function
- --Promotes platelet aggregation
- COX 2 ~ Found in Injured tissue
- --Mediates inflammation
- --Sensitizes receptors to painful stimuliIn brain
- --Mediates fever
- --Contributes to perception of pain
Uses for Cox Blockers
- Supress inflammation
- relieve pain
- reduce fever
Classes of Cox Blockers
- Drugs with anti-inflammatory properties
- NSAIDS (aspirin, celecoxib, ibuprofen)
- Rx without inflammatory properties
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview