Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
No one ever spoke like this man!
And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.
That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent me.
If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, not in passion of lust, like the gentiles who do not know God.
Do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance.
1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 & 1 Peter 1:14-15
More blessed to give than to receive.
The Lord loves a cheerful giver
Repaid at the resurrection of the just
Rejoice in the Lord always again I say rejoice
- Acts 20:35
- 2 Corinthians 9
- Luke 14:12-14
- Philippians 4:4
I would not have known sin except through the Law.
...for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist.
- Luke 21:15
- Christ gives irresistible wisdom
We then, as workers together with Him, also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain.
- 2 Corinthians 6:1
- Work with Christ
Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you sought to answer each one.
- Colossians 4:6
- How to have an answer
All who heard him were amazed at his answers.
The happiness of God is first and formost a happiness in His Son; thus, when we share in the happiness of God, we share in the very pleasure the Father has in the Son.
- God's pleasure in the Son is that God is not constrained by inner deficiency or unhappiness to do anything he does not want to do. If God were unhappy, if he were in some way deficient, then he might indeed be constrained from outside in some way to do what he does not want to do in order to make up his deficiency and finally to be happy.
- 1) No cause other than himself produces His acts
- 2) No external obstacle impedes them
So when they had rowed about 3 or 4 miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea & drawing near the boat; and they were afraid.
- John 6:19
- Jesus walks on water
But will God indeed dwell on the earth? Behold, heaven and the highest heaven cannot contain you; how much less this house that I have built!
- 1 Kings 8:27
- God's Omnipresence
Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight.
- Luke 24:31
- Christ vanished from sight
Do you think that I cannot now pray to my father, and He will provide me with more than twelve legions of angels? How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen thus?
These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass.
Isn't it inconsistent to say:
1) You are dead in trespasses and sins; now awake, O sleeper, and rise from the dead? or
2) Why command a person to love who can't help but love, because he knows God? (1 John 4:7)
- God can use the telling to give the person the power to do it:
- 1) The Word itself can create the capacity to submit & believe
- 2) God intends to fulfill his promises through the use of commands
- 3) Do what God is at work in you to do!
God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of Heaven and Earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. Nor is He worshipped with men's hands though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
- Acts 17:24-25
- God's Sufficiency
If we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.
The carnal mind is emnity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So the, those who are in the flesh, cannot please God.
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.
For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him.
You shall no longer be termed forsaken, and your land shall no more be termed Desolate; but you shall be called My delight is in her, and your land Married; for the Lord delights in you...As the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.
For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.
- 1 Corinthians 2:16
- We have the mind of Christ
...to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
- Colossians 2:3
- Christ is all-wise
How do you know me? Jesus answered and said to him, "Before Phillip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you."
- John 1:48
- Jesus' Ominpresense
You love the Son of God with the very love that the Father has for him. This is what it means to be indwelt by the Spirit, who is none other than the Spirit of love between the Father and the Son.
Sharing in the fellowship of the Trinity
Now when He said these things, He cried with a loud voice, "Lazarus come forth!" And he who had died cam out...
- John 11:43-44
- Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead
1) For truly my words are not false; One who is perfect in knowledge is with you.
2) Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding in infinite.
- 1) Job 36:4
- 2) Psalm 147:5
What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, and that he might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had prepared beforehand for glory.
The Lord had made all for Himself, yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.
For my names sake I will defer my anger, and for My praise I will restrain it from you, so that i do not cut you off. behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For my owns sake, for My own sake, I will do it; for how should My name be profaned? I will not give My glory to another.
The Lord tests the righteous, but the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
I will put MY spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes...
Is not the essence of righteousness to place supreme value on what is supremely valuable, with all the just actions that follow.
1) He upholds the universe by the word of His power.
2) In Him all things hold together
- 1) Hebrews 1:3
- 2) Colossians 1:17
- Christ is foundation of reality
Let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.” So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.
- Romans 14:10-12
- Don’t judge your brother and don’t despise your brother because you will all be judged according to your works. The way you treated your brother will be written down and in the end brought out to show whether you were born again and trusted Christ.
1) Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
2) He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?
3) Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act, He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.
- 1) Psalm 37:4
- 2) Romans 8:32 Your desires will be met
- 3) Psalm 37:5-6 God will vindicate
- Avoid Envy
Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7
If God is for us who can be against us.
Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps; . . . while suffering, He uttered no threats, but handed [his cause] over to Him who judges righteously.
1 Peter 2:21-23
Love rejoices in the truth.
Humility asserts truth not to bolster ego with control or with triumphs in debate, but as service to Christ and love to the adversary.
1 Corinthians 13:6