Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Pharmacology and Actions
Natural polypeptide hormone secreted by the pancreas. Released to breakdown stored glycogen to glucose and inhibits the synthesis of glycogen from glucose.
- - To increase blood sugar levels in hypoglycemia without vascular access
- - Beta-Blocker overdose
Hypersensitivity to glucagon or protein compounds
Precautions and Side Effects
- - Hypotension
- - Hyperglycemia
- - Headache / Dizziness
- - Nausea / Vomiting
- - 1.0 unit IM / SC (may repeat as needed 5-20mins)
- Beta-Blocker Overdose
- - 50-100mcg/kg IV over 1 min
- - 0.1 unit/kg IM/SC (above 20kg)
- - 0.5 unit/kg IM/SC (below 20kg)
- Beta-Blocker OD
- - 0.5 unit/kg IV over 1 min
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview