Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The belief that the mind and body are of a single entity representative of the "whole"- the whole person.
Originated: Bolderin, Taylor, Licht
Theoretical Basis: Anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
1. Purposeful activity can be prescribed to remediate loss of ROM, strength, and endurance
2. If ROM, strength, and endurance are regained, the person will automatically use these prerequisite skills to regain functional skills
3. The body must be rested, then stressed
4. The person must have and intact brain that can produce isolated, coordinated movements
Neurodevelopmental Treatment FOR
Originated: Berta and Karl Bobath
Theoretical Basis: Neurology and developmental theories
1. It is important to remediate foundation skills that make normal skill acquisistion possible.
2. Normal movement is learned by experiencing what normal movement feels like.
3. Postural control is essential for limb movement.
4. Normal movement canno be imposed on abnormal muscle tone.
5. The brain has plasticity.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview