10. Aircraft and Ships
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
F-5N/F Adversary aircraft
- F/A-18C/D Hornet strike fighter
- F/A-18E/F Super Hornet strike fighter
- CH-E Sea Knight - cargo transport for the United States Marine Corps
- CH-53D Sea Stallion - cargo transport for the United States Marine Corps
- AH-1W Cobra - attack helicopter for the United States Marine Corps
- AH-1Z Viper - attack helicopter for the United States Marine Corps
- P-3C Orion long range ASW aircraft
- P-8A Poseidon Multi-mission Maritime Aircraft (MMA)
- Surface Combatant
- Large, heavily armed surface ships that are designed primarily to engage enemy forces on the high seas.
- Patrol Combatant
- Combatabts whose mission may extend beyond coastal duties and whose characteristics include adequate endurance and sea keeping, providing a capability for operations exceeding 48 hours on the high seas without support.
- Aircraft Carrier
- All ships designed primarily for the purpose of conducting combat operations by aircraft the engage in attacks against airborne, surface, sub-surface and shore targets.
A grouping of ships designed to operate in the open ocean in a variety of sea states to provide general support to either combatant forces or shore based establishments. (Includes smaller auxiliaries which by nature of their duties, leave inshore waters).
All ships having organic capability for amphibious assault and characteristics enabling long duration on the high seas.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview