The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the role of SAMFS at a civil disturbance? 6 points.
- Neutralise smoke or flame devices.
- Attend fires or reported fires.
- Attend Hazmats.
- Rescue of trapped or injured persons.
- SAMFS must be seen to retain a totally neutral image.
- SAMFS must not participate in any form of crowd or riot control.
What must FAO at a civil disturbance do? 4 points.
- Proceed priority 2 unless fire showing up.
- Determine situation in consultation with Police Commander.
- Advise Comms.
- Incident Control and staging area to be sited outside disturbance area.
Other considerations at a civil disturbance? 11 points.
- Suppression of violence or protest is SAPOL responsibility.
- Hose lines not to be used for crowd control.
- Do not attempt to drive through crowds.
- Level 2 PPE at all times.
- No staff to be left on their own.
- If staff come into contact with unknown substance immediately decontaminate.
- Locker doors to be kept locked.
- Locate appliance clear of crowds.
- Ensure exit routes available at all times.
- Ensure adequate communications available at all times.
- Lookout for possible interference to SAMFS equipment.