Who was involved with spontaneous regeneration?
aristotle, redi, needham, spallanzani, pasteur
- Aristotle proposed spontaneous regeneration
- Redi: disproved macro spontaneous regeneration
- Needville: reproved spon. regen. by boiling beef broth and sealing with a cork.
- Spallanzani: proved needham failed to boil long enough and or did not seal properly. Microorganisms exist in air. sealed his containers but folks argued that he did not allow enough air for microbes to thrive
- Pasteur: proved no s.r. by using the s-shaped necks