Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Purpose of RA Rx therapy
- Autoimmune disorder, so Rx therapy will treat the entire body, not just joints.
- Relieve symptoms
- Maintain joint function
- Minimize systemic involvement
- Delay progression of disease to prevent immobility associated with disease.
Drugs involved in therapy
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- DMARDS (Disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs)
- Adrenal corticosteroids
Purpose of Gout Rx therapy
- Recurrent inflammatory disorder
- Episodes of severe joint pain. can be in very specific joints, ie big toe.
- --Excessive production or uric acid.
- --Impaired renal excretion
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview