Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What are the 4 components of self-concept?
- Body Image
- Self Esteem
What is role conflict?
Required to assume 2 roles that are incongruent
What is role ambiguity?
Unclear role expectations
What is role strain?
Blends role conflict & ambiguity
What is role overload?
Having more roles than can be managed
What will you include in your assessment and planning for patients with
- Identify normal
- Past and present health status
- Description of onset, duration, range and intensity of symptoms
- Presence of chronic physical illness, dementia, depression, etc
- Lab values
- Medication history/use
How do we assess dementia?
- Careful Hx from patient or informed source
- How long? Onset? S/Sx? Impairments
- Mental status assessment
- Important to obtain an objective
- assessment because social skills are often maintained despite cognitive decline
- Blessed Scale and
- Clock Drawing tests are commonly referred to
What is important about ventilation of the lungs?
- of air into/out of the lungs
- Exchangeof oxygen/carbon dioxide
- Alveolarcapillary/capillary cell membrane
What are interventions for OSA (apnea)?
- -respiratory system compressed->happens a lot with obese patients.
- Typically snore.
-can give them CPAP
-have them sleep more sitting up than lying flat
-pulse ox monitor
-always be closer to nursing station
Signs of dyspnea
- (nasal flaring,
- retractions, accessory muscle use, grunting, orthopnea, stridor, wheezing,
- pursed-lipped breathing)
What is hypoxemia?
Low arterial blood oxygen levels
What are s/s of mild hypoxemia?
- confusion, and listlessness
What are s/s of severe hypoxemia?
What is hypoxia?
- Oxygen availability
- pulmonary ventilation
- of abnormal hemoglobin in blood
S/S general hypoxia
s/s severe hypoxia
- in level of consciousness
What is a low-flow mask?
Regular room is 21%
Assess for patient compliance
If not wearing simple mask, figure out why not wearing it
What is a Partial/rebreathing masks?
Gives higher O2
What is a simple face mask?
- open ports for exhaled gas, 5-12 l/min, 40-90% 02,
- variation due to holes
What is a partial rebreather?
- block inhalation of o2 on one side, 6-15 L/min, deliver 70-90%, used less
What is a non rebreathing mask?
100% o2 10+L/min
What is a face tent?
-good for people who are claustrophobic
What is a venturi mask?
-delivers controlled o2 concentration
-allowing more or less room air to come in
Typically not humidifying so can cause mucosal damage
What are the 5 Rights of Delegation
- Right task,
What are the 6 Fs for Failure?
- •Failure to appropriately assess a
- •Failure to report changes in client
- •Failure to document in the client
•Failure to obtain informed consent
- •Failure to report a coworker’s
•Failure to provide adequate education
What are the four elements of malpractice?