Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Two Components for Preaching
Prayer and Preparation
McArthur's Study Plan for Expository Preaching
- * read the book
- * read the passage
- * find the main point (subject and function)
- * prepare exegetical outline
- What the biblical author was saying to the biblical reader.
- "What was the author intending to say?"
The idea from Scripture as I phrase and shape it for a 21st century audience.
Robinson Term: CIT
- Idea Focus/Subject
Formulate the Homiletical Idea
The statement of a biblical concept in such a way that it accurately reflects the Bible and meaningfully relates to the congregation (state, explain why, and maybe an illustration)
Prepare the Introduction and Conclusion
The central task for the introduction is to engage your listeners in such a way that they will want to listen to the rest of the message and move smoothly into the body of the message.
Discover Exegetical Subject and Complement
Subject - What are you talking about?
Complement - What are you going to say about what you are talking about?
Analyze the Exegetical Idea
- What does this mean?
- Is it true?
- What difference does this make?
- How does it apply?
Crafting the Sermon's Purpose
- Why am I preaching this sermon?
- What are you expecting to happen in the life of the listener in response?
Shaping the Homiletical Idea
- * an idea to be explained
- * a proposition to be proved
- * a principle to be applied
- * a story to be told
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview