A+ flash cards Deluxe3.txt
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
1. which of the following would be the best choice as a personal display technology if a user wants to save desk space and not have to deal with interference from nearby speakers? a. CRT b. HDMI c. LCD D. Projector
C. LCDs do not have electron guns that are aimed by magnets like CRTs do. This difference makes LCDs more compatible with nearby speaker magnets.
2. An associate is trying to explain why a particular model of CRT monitor displays images in such high quality but is unable to recall a specific term. The associate mentions that each phosphor is on average only .25mm away from the nearest phosphor or the same color. What is the associate trying to describe? a. resolution b. dot pitch c. refresh rate d. the number of dots per inch
b. The associate is trying to think of the term dot pitch. Essentially, dot pitch is the height of a dot-phosphor trio added to the distance between the next dot trio in the same direction. The smaller the number the better the display quality is.
3. Which of the following is true regarding a monitor's refresh rate? a. as long as the graphics adapter can refresh the image at a particular rate, the attached monitor can accommodate that refresh rate. b. the refresh rate is normally expressed in MHz. c. the refresh rate is normally selected by using the controls on the front panel of the monitor. d. as you lower the resolution, the maximum refresh rate allowed tends to increase.
d. the maximum allowable refresh rate does tend to be affected by the resolution you choose in the operating system. the refresh rate is most often expressed in cycles persecond. Hz, not millions of cycles per second (MHz). you must usually select the refresh rate you want from the display settings dialog pages, not through the monitors built in menu system, although the monitor can often tell you which refresh rate you're using.
4. Which statement about LCD's is most accurate? A. the concept of refresh rate has no meaning, with regard to LCD's. b. LCD's are preferred to CRTs because they can display a larger range of resolutions. c. LCDs tend not to be as clear as CRTs. d. LCD's require more power than CRTs.
C. at the same resolution, CRTs are more likely to display a clearer image than LCDs. LCDs are normally limited to a fixed, native resolution but require less power than CRT monitors.
5. If you are unable to display a given resolution on a monitor, which of the following might explain why? a. the graphics adapter does not have enough memory installed. b. the video display unit does not have enough memory installed. c. you are using a CRT with a single fixed resolution. d. you have the refresh rate set too high.
A. the amount of memory installed on a graphics adapter is directly related to how many pixels can be displayed at one time and how many colors the pixels can be set to.
6. Which video technology has a resolution of 1280x1024? a. SVGA b. SXGA c. WSXGA d UXGA
B. SXGA has a resolution of 1280x1024
7. What does a Q in video resolution names, such as QXGA, refer to? a. both the horizontal and vertical components of the resolution have been quadrupled. b. the resolution is cut to one fourth. c. The technology is faster. d. both the horizontal and vertical components of the resolution have been doubled.
D. Although the Q stands for quad, the pixel count for each axis is only doubled, resulting in four times as many total pixels.
8. What is contrast ratio? the ratio of luminance between the darkest and lightest colors that can be displayed b. a term that was used with CRT's but has no meaning with LCDs c. the raio of luminance between two adjacent pixels d. something that can be corrected through degaussing
A. Contrast ratio is a selling point for LCDs. Higher contrast ratios mean darker blacks and brighter whites. The measure of luminance between adjacent pixels is known as contrast, not contrast ratio.
9. which of the following interfaces allows audio to be sent out over the same cabling infrastructure as video? a. VGA b. DVI c. HDMI D. Composite
10. How do you connect a DVI- A interface on a peripheral to a DVI-D interface on the computer? a. with a DVI-I cable b. with a cable that is terminated on one end with a DVI-A connector and on the other end with a DVI-D connector c. you wouldn't interconnect those two interfaces. d. with a standard DVI cable.
C. Such a connection should not be made. DVI-I cables act like universal cables; they can connect two DVI-A interfaces or two DVI-D interfaces.
11. On which properties tab do you select the refresh rate to use between the graphics adapter and monitor in Windows Vista? a. adapter b. monitor c. advanced d. display settings
B. Although its true that you must start with the display settings dialog box, which ironically shows a single tab labeled Monitor, and that you subsequently click the Advanced Settings button, its on the monitors properties tab thereafter that you select the refresh rate. the adapter tab in those same properties pages has no selection for refresh rate
12. After a presentation using a video projector, when in a hurry to pack up everything and head to the airport, which of the following should you avoid doing immediately? a. unplugging the projectors power cable. b. unplugging the projectors video cable from your laptop c. turning off the power to the projector d. tunring off you laptop.
a. unplugging the projectors power cable before the projectors fan has had the opportunity to cool the unit and stop running on its own.
13. what might cause your display to appear in a resolution of 640x480? a. you have your resolution set to SVGA b. you added memory to your graphics adapter but have not informed the BIOS of the new memory. c. you have your resolution set to XGA. d. you have booted into Safe Mode.
D. Safe Mode disables as many nonessential drivers and services as possible. One of the nonessential drivers it disables is the driver for the graphics adapter.
14. Which of the following results can occur with improper display settings? a. the computer spontaneously reboots. b. the graphics adapter automatically chooses to use the highest supported resolution. c. you might have to scroll to see parts of the Desktop d. the mouse cursor changes or permanently disappears.
C. If your monitor allows you to change the resolution, it might not actually allow you to change the resolution. It may force you to scroll to see any pixels created by the chosen software resolution that it cannot fit on the hardware screen at that particular moment.
15. What is the single, fixed resolution of an LCD called? a. native resolution b. Default resolution c. refresh rate d. burned-in resolution
A. An LCDs native resolution is the single, fixed resolution that provides optimal clarity.
16. Which of the following is it possible to do with multimonitor settings? a. connect multiple monitors to your computer only by using a graphics adapter with two video interfaces b. cause two different desktops to merge on the same monitor c. connect two different laptops together so they display the same Desktop d. display different parts of your Desktop on different monitors
D. The multimonitor feature allows two monitors to display exactly the same thing(clone) or to extend your desktop onto the second montor.
17. Which of the following types of LCD has the best performance characterstics? a. active matrix b. passive matrix c. dual matrix d. dual scan
A. Active matrix is a superior technology to passive matrix. Dual scan is merely an enhanced form of passive matrix but is not on par with active matrix. Dual matrix isn't an LCD type.
18. Which of the following resolutions is an example of a 16:10 aspect ratio? a 1280x1024 b. 1920x1200 c. 800x600 d. 2048x1536
B. Dividing 16 by 10 produces a value of 1.6 dividing the first number of a 16:10 resolution by the second number always results in 1.6.
19. where can you find the best degaussing tool for modern CRT monitors? a. at a computer specialty shop b. at a consumber electronics store c. built into the monitor d. as a freeware download
C. The built in degaussing tool of the latest CRT monitors is designed to work with the monitor in which it is found
20. VGA- based video technologies use what type of signal between the adapter and monitor? a. digital b. analog c. compressed d. composite
B. VGA signals are analog, uncompressed, component signals that carry all the video information for all three components of the original RGB signal
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview