Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Robinson's Step 1
Choose the Text
- What passage of Scripture should I preach?
- What are my congregagtion's needs?
- What phase is your church in: renewal, transition, death, or growth?
- What is happening in our culture that needs to be addressed?
Robinson's Step 2
Study Your Text and Gather Your Notes
- Study the context of your text
- Interrogate the text; discovery questions who, what, why, and where
- Use of tools: lexicon, concordance, grammar-syntax, word study, Bible dictionary, commenatries
Robinson's Step 3
Discover Exegetical Subject and Complement
- Subject answers, "what are you talking about?"
- Complement answers, "what are you going to say about what you are talking about?
- What is your message's focus?
- What is your message's function?
Robinson's Step 4
Analyze the Exegetical Idea
- What does this mean?
- Is it true?
- What difference does it make?
- How does it apply?
Robinson's Step 5
Formulate the Homiletical Idea
The statement of a biblical concept in such a way that it accurately reflects the Bible and meaningfully relates to the congregation (state, explain why, and maybe an illustration).
Robinson's Step 6
Crafting the Sermon's Purpose
- Why am I preaching this sermon?
- Why did the author write this?
- Must be in conjuction with the rest of the Bible.
- Why was this passage included in the BIble?
Robinson's Step 7
Shaping the Homiletical Idea
- Explains the idea
- A proposition to be proved
- A principle to be applied
- A subject to be complemented
Robinson's Step 8
Outline the Sermon
Robinson's Step 9
Fill in the sermon outline
Robinson's Step 10
Prepare the Introduction and Conclusion
- Central Task of the Introduction:
- To engage your liesteners in such a way that they will want to listen to the rest of the message and move smoothly into the body of the message.
- Central Task of the Conclusion:
- To conclude and call for a decision. You must drive home the goal of the sermon. Answers, "So what?" and "Now what"?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview