The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
HUSBAND: That he might learn to take every thought captive, to not be conformed to the world's thinking and to think spiritually.
-2 Corinthians 10:5
- Romans 12:1-2:
- "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.1 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.2
- 2 Corinthians 10:5:
- We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
HUSBAND: That he would learn to not depend on his circumstances for happiness but on God alone.
- Habakkuk 3:17-19:
- "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,17 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.18 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.19
SELF: That I would fight selfishness in my life and work at serving the Lord in everything I do.
-1 Samuel 12:20-22 24
- 1 Samuel 12:20-22, 24:
- "Do not be afraid," Samuel replied. "You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the LORD, but serve the LORD with all your heart.20 Do not turn away after useless idols. They can do you no good, nor can they rescue you, because they are useless.21 For the sake of his great name the LORD will not reject his people, because the LORD was pleased to make you his own.22 But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.24
SELF: That when I'm called to serve God in an area I feel weak, I will step forward in faith because His power is perfected through my weakness.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10:
- "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.9 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.10"
FRIENDS: That they would be protected from the evil one spiritually, emotionally, & physically
- Luke 2:52And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.52
- Luke 22:31-32
- "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you[a] as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."