a+ flash cards Deluxe8.txt
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
1. In Windows Xp, which utility is responsible for finding, downloading, and installing Windows service packs? a. update manager b. service pack manager c. download manager d. windows update
D. Windows update automatically(by default) finds, downloads, and installs service packs and other Windows updates. None of the other options are real utilites
2. What should you use to clean electronic connectors on expansion cards? a. demineralized water b. soap and water c. denatured alcohol d. acetone
C. To clean electronic connectors, use denatured isopropyl alcohol. Water will corrode the connectors.
3. what type of backup will back up all selected files and then clear the archive bit? a. complete b. normal c. incremental d. copy
B. A normal backup will back up all selected files and then clear the archive bit, letting the system know that the file was backed up.
4. what is the first step in the troubleshooting process? a. document findings b. identify the problem c. establish a theory d. verify functionality
B. The first step is to identify the problem. once you have done that, you should(in order) establish a theory of probably cause, test the theory, establish a plan of action to resolve the problem, verify full system functionality, and document your findings.
5. which tool do you use to create a restore point in Windows XP? a. backup b. system restore c. restore point d. emergency repair
B. The system restore tool is used to create restore points. Backup creates backups of your hard drive. You can use Backup to create copies of your configuration(like a restore point) along with other data, but to specifically create a restore point, use System Restore.
6. What type of device can help keep your computers running for a short period of time in the even of a power outage? a. uninterruptable power supply(UPS) b. solar panels c. surge protector d. power strip
A. a UPS contains batteries that can keep your system running for a short period of time in case of a power outage.
7. On Sunday you ran a normal backup, and on Monday and Tuesday you ran an incremental backup. When you run an incremental backup on Wednesday, which files are backed up? a. all files that changed since Sunday b. all files that changed since monday c. all files that change since tuesday d. all files on your computer
C. A normal backup will back up all selected files. When you run an incremental backup, it backs up only the files that have changed since the last backup, and then it clears the archive bit. Since your last backup was Tudesday, the incremental backup on Wednesday will back up all files modified since the Tuesday backup was made
8. Windows Vista includes a feature called a (blank), which is a copy of your system configuration that can be used to roll back the system to a previous state if a configuration error occurs. a. restore point b. repair point c. rollback point d. registry point
A. Windows Vista and XP can use restore points to roll back the system configuration to a previous state. None of the other options exist
9. when you make a normal backup of your files, what does Windows clear to show that the file was backed up? a. backup bit b. archive bit c. system bit d. nothing
B. When you make a normal or incremental backup, the archive bit gets cleared, indicating that the file was backed up.
10. In general, how often should you update your antivirus definitions? a. 1 a week b. 1 a month c. 1 a year d. antivirus definitions do not need to be updated
A. It's critical to keep your antivirus software up to date, so you should update your definitions at least once per week.
11. One of your users claims that his hard drive seems to be running slowly. What tool can you use to check to see how fragmented the hard drive is? a. disk analyzer b. disk cleanup c. disk defragmenter d. Chkdsk
C. Disk Defragmenter will analyze the hard drive to determine how fragmented it is and will allow you to defragment the hard drive. There is no Disk Analyzer tool. Disk cleanup can help you free up space by deleting unneeded files.
12. You want to ensure that your computer receives automatic updates to Windows and Microsoft Office. Which tool will take care of this for you? a. Windows update b. Microsoft update c. system update d. none of the above
B. Windows Update downloads patches for the Windows operating system
13. You open a computer case and discover an excessive amount of dust inside. What should you do? a. use a computer vacuum to remove the dust b. use a regular vacuum to remove the dust. c. take a deep breath and blow the dust d. nothing, dust does not harm computers
A. A computer vacuum hsould be used to suck up dust and other small particles.
14. Which tool do you use to create a copy of all the data on your Windows XP computer? A. backup b. system restore c. restore point d. emergency repain
A. The Backup utility is used to create copies of data on your computer.
15. which of the folowing can you do to help eliminate security problems. (check all that apply) a. establish security policies and procedures b. update your OS c. update your applications d. update your network devices.
16. Last night after you went home, your Windows XP computer ran a normal backup of your My Documents folder. Today you want to back up only the files that you've made changes to since then. Which options can you choose to do this? (choose all that apply) a. incremental b. normal c. daily d. copy
A,C. Both Normal and Copy will back up all files, not just hose that have changed.
17. Which of the following tools can you use to delet temporary internet files and other unneeded files to free up disk space? a. disk analyzer b. disk cleanup c. disk defragmenter d. Chkdsk
B. Disk Cleanup can help you free up space by deleting unneeded files.
18. Which of the following utilities can scan the hard drive for physical errors? a disk analyzer b. disk cleanup c. disk defragmenter d. Chkdsk
D. Chkdsk, which is now called Error Checking, will scan the hard drive for physical errors.
19. Your backup routine is to make a normal backup at the beginning of the month and incremental backups of your My Documents folder every Friday evening. On Wednesday, you decide you want to back up three subfolders in your My Documents folder but you do not want it to affect your usual backup routine. Which option should you choose? a. normal b. incremental c. daily d. copy
D. A copy will back up the files you select without clearing the archive bit.
20. which of the following types of backups mark the files as being backed up? choose all that apply A. normal B. Copy C. Incremental D. Differential
A,C. Normal and incremental backups clear the archive bit. Copy and differential backups do not.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview