The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Alveolar arterial oxygen gradient
- Really a measurement of pulmonary efficiency
- It is the deference between the oxygen tension in the alveoli and the oxygen tension in the pulmonary capillary
- If the lungs are working perfectly, there would be little difference between the alveolar oxygen tension and the tension in the arterial blood
Normally humans have breathing room air have a P(A-a)O2 of...
Between 25-75 mm Hg
The practitioner sets an inspiratory pressure limit, rate, and inspiratory time
The goal of prerssure ventilation!
- Include the control and maintenance of inspiratory pressure, often ata level lower than that of volume ventilation modes
- By controlling inspiratory pressures, often barotrauma may be reduced
Hazards and complications of mechanical ventilation!