SOP 14 Breathing Apparatus & Respiratory Protection Procedures
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
BA & Respiratory Protection Procedures.
What does SOP 14 BA cover?
- Usage Requirements.
- Care & Maintenance.
When should BA be worn and used?
- Atmosphere is hazardous.
- Atmosphere is suspected of being hazardous.
- Atmosphere may become hazardous.
- MFS Policy specifies.
- Directed by the IC.
- Working in a confined space or where access and egress issues are a concern to the IC.
When working in confined spaces what other considerations are there other than BA? 3 points.
- Full body harnesses.
- Rescue Lines.
- Atmospheric monitoring.
What does ABEK stand for?
- Class A - organic gases and vapours.
- Class B - inorganic gases and vapours.
- Class E - sulphur dioxide and hydrogen chloride.
- Class K - Ammonia Filter.
What does PAPR stand for?
Positive Air Pressure Respirator.
Define Alpha Tablet?
- A device which monitors BA crews cylinder pressure and "time to whistle".
- Can be used to send an evacuation signal to BA crews and displays acknowledgement of the signal being received by BA crews.
When are Entry Control Procedures put into operation?
At every incident where BA is required to be worn.
Define Stage 1 Entry Control? 4 points.
- Initial stage of incident where and immediate get to work is necessary.
- Max 4 wearers, pump operator is ECO.
- IC shall establish stage 2 ASAP.
- Stage 1 can be used by IC for overhaul or similar situations.
Define Stage 2 Entry Control? 2 points.
- Maximum 10 wearers plus 2 relief wearers.
- ECO is dedicated solely to EC duties.
Define BA Main Control?
- Stage 2 operating and 206 attends incident IC may instigate BA Main Control and appoint BASO.
- BASO manages BA Main Control and is responsible for all BA operations at an incident.
When should an Alpha Tablet be used? 4 points.
- 2nd alarm B risk or greater.
- Anytime the IC directs.
- ECO to request an assistant from IC to monitor tablet.
- Normally only 1 alpha tablet will be used at an incident.
What equipment should each ECP have? 13 points.
- Green salvage sheet.
- Yellow salvage sheet.
- EC Board.
- Spare cylinders.
- Hazardous materials board.
- Drinking water.
- Equipment as required.
- Suitable lighting.
- Portable radio on tactical channel.
- Alpha tablet if required and available.
- Minimum of 2 relief wearers.
- Atmospheric monitoring equipment.
Can non-SAMFS personnel use BA?
- Trained personnel will carry a current competency card.
- Untrained personnel can use BA but must be supervised by trained MFS member at all times.
What should the officer of a RIT do?
- Develop a rescue plan utilising RIT guide.
- Brief members of team.
What are the 5 headings on the RIT guide?
- Size up.
- Other Operations.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview