The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Communications at Incidents.
What is the purpose of SOP 15, Communications at Incidents?
SOP 15 provides guidance for IC's to establish a system for safe and effective communications for every incident MFS attends.
What is MFS policy with regard to communications?
- Only personnel appropriately prepared through training and experience, will operate communications equipment at an incident.
- An effective Comms plan is to be implemented by the IC at all incidents MFS attends.
- The Comms plan integrates with IAP and Command & Control.
- The Comms plan must reflect the organisational value of safety and welfare of all MFS personnel.
- MFS personnel on the incident ground must work within the established Comms plan as prescribed by the IC.
Define Command Channel? 4 points.
- First channel in series of allocated TG.
- Used to command operations at an incident.
- To be allocated at all second alarm incidents.
- Must be a GRN trunked channel.
Special Services Incident.
Rubbish, Grass, Industrial Waste Bin etc.
Property Fire Small (state property involved)
Property Fire Well Involved (State property invovled)
Define Internal Conditions Report?
Reported via tactical channel by attack crews as they make entry into a structure, outlining conditions within the building and ensuring tactical communications with the SC/ECO.
Define Strategic Communication?
Communication to Adelaide Fire on GRN 150
Define Tactical Communication?
- Fireground Communications Task Level.
- GRN or Simplex as per the Comms plan.
Define Priority Message?
Strategic communication from IC to Adelaide Fire on GRN150 to obtain an immediate and prioritised use of the radio network, usually requesting additional resources or upgrading the alarm.
Define Red Flag Warnings?
- Red flag warnings are critical safety messages to pass through the chain of command to all personnel at an incident.
- It is a high level safety warning used by Incident Control to inform all personnel of potential critical safety issues.
Red Flag Warnings may include? 6 points.
- Fireground wind changes.
- Erratic fire or weather behaviour.
- Other changes to actual or forecast conditions which may adversely affect the safety of personnel.
- Aerial bombing activity in area.
- Critical incident information.
- Emergency Withdrawal.
Does a Red Flag Warning or May Day message take priority?
Who may issue a Red Flag Warning?
IC, SC and Safety Officer.
Who must Red Flag Warning messages be passed on to?
Every relevant individual including other agencies and private individuals.
Give 3 examples of Sensitive Incident Information not to be transmitted over the GRN?
- Firefighter Injuries.
- Crime related.
- Information of political interest.
Define STOP Message?
Incident is under control and no further resources are required.
- Tactical Radio Operator to be appointed at all second alarm incidents by the IC and/or the SC.
- TRO will monitor and record all tactical radio traffic at an incident, being vigilant to monitor all internal crews operating within structure fires.
All Communications should be?
Why is Internal Conditions Report important to IC?
- Critical method of obtaining relevant situational awareness from attack crews.
- Important means of ascertaining if fire control operations are effective and resources sufficient.
What should an Internal Conditions Report include? 9 points.
- Conditions, eg smoke and fire.
- Ensuring radio comms with SC/IC are on allocated tactical channel.
- Structural integrity of building.
- Access and Egress routes.
- If conducting primary search, a description of area searched.
- Brief summary of effectiveness of fire control operations.
- Any request for additional resources and personnel.
- Any info relevant to review of IAP.
- SC to relay content of ICR to IC.
What should a SC do if communication with a crew is lost? 5 points.
- Take immediate steps to ascertain safety of crew.
- Contact crews in vicinity of lost crew.
- Liaise with ECO regarding remaining air supply and whether ECO has had contact with lost crew.
- If no contact can be made initiate a 'May Day' call and report to the IC.
- Under direction of IC initiate a co-ordinated S&R operation and deploy the RIT.
Dangerous Goods Info required.
Dangerous Goods Info following.
Incident Control, state call-sign and location.
Change of Command, state name of IC.
Fatality, indicate number with suffix.
Persons Reported, if number known indicate with suffix.
Persons Accounted For, state number.
Who can issue a multi agency TG?
What should a First Situation Report contain? 7 points.
- Any assistance required?
- Confirmation of address.
- Incident type with brief description.
- Any obvious incident conditions and safety considerations.
- If structure involved a HAULERS.
- K38 and K39.
- If structure involved whether a primary search is being initiated and evacuation is in progress.
- H Height of building in floors and risk category.
- A Area, frontage and depth in metres.
- U Used as.
- L Location of fire within building.
- E Exposures.
- R Resources in use and strategy.
- S Staging point location.