The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Typically, how deep are high pressure gas pipelines buried?
Considerations for a natural gas incident? 11 points.
- Gas may not be odorised.
- Use a gas detector.
- Approach with caution from upwind and uphill if possible.
- Assess situation including local wind direction and advise comms of direction responding appliances should approach from.
- Evacuate 600m for high pressure gas pipeline and 1000m for high pressure liquids pipeline.
- All personnel in hot zone to have BA and hearing protection.
- Do not extinguish burning gas.
- Disperse and control escaping gas with fog lines, remote monitors if possible.
- Avoid applying water directly to leaking gas main as this will make repair difficult.
- Where practical build a bund around immediate area.
- Await attendance of EPIC.
Are vapours from HP liquids lighter or heavier than air?
What are the 2 types of fire that can result from a HP liquids leak?
Pool fire and torch fire.