The flashcards below were created by user
When did the US get attacked by Japan in Pearl Habour?
December 7 1941
What was the name given for the attack at Pearl Habour?
Day of Infamy
What were the two options for Japan in the 19th century?
- Do nothing and get colonized
- Emulate powers just like the west (start imitating military power, keep traditions)
When did Japan sign the non-aggression pact with the Soviet Union? Why?
- April 1941
- Felt as they knew a war would arise against SU, and did not want to fight in two fronts
In July 1941, what did the US do to Japan?
- free Japanese assets in the US to stop expansion
- revoke all exports
How was Japan simliar to Britain, resource wise?
- relied on other countries for resources, food, oil, etc.
Why was the attack on Pearl Habour a risky plan?
- was a shallow location thus allowing the US to salvage the ships and create new ones
- surprise attack = no declaration of war
- no comprise settlement ot end the war possible
- all at sea
What new technology arise in the Second world war during pearl habour?
the air craft carrier
Second World War