Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Chronic anovulation
- Hyperinsulinemia with insulin resistance (universal)
- Can have problems w/ GnRH pulsatile effect
Effects of hyperinsulinemia
Leads to increase & enhancement of LH-stimulated ovarian androgen production (more testosterone). It also decreases serum SHBG. Treatment with metformin, diazoxide or troglitazide results in fall of free testosterone.
- Diet & exercise
- Metformin - (usually used w/ obese pts. who might get diabetes) won't eliminate androgens (can decrease them) but can help regulate periods & increase fertility. Add clomiphene to help fertility & stimulate ovulation.
- Spironolactone - to help with fertility, hirsutism & androgens
- Birth control - helps w/ hirsutism in pts who don't want to get pregnant
- TZDs - Actos (don't use)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview