The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 2 main components of adaptive immunity?
How is adaptive immunity activated?
Through antigen presentation
What are the 3 parts of an antibody's structure?
- Antigen-binding fragment, Fab - variable and constant regions
- Crystalline fragment, Fc
- Polypeptide chains - 2 light chains, 2 heavy chains
Where is the B-cell receptor complex located? What does it consist of? What does it do?
- Located on the surface of B-cells
- Consists of antigen-recognition molecules and accessory intracellular-signaling molecules
- Activates B-cells to become plasma cells
What is the T-cell receptor complex made of?
- Antibody-like transmembrane protein
- Accessory proteins for intracelllar signaling (CD3)
Where does clonal diversity occur?
Primary lymphoid organs